Sky Valley Nutella Pie – Created and perfected by Mike Cherry
This delicious, rich dessert is for lovers of Nutella & has a slight hint of peanut butter and chocolate. Although intended as a topping for toast, pancakes, waffles or bagels, Nutella makes the perfect ingredient to base a pie upon & I’ve spent the past 5 years perfecting this easy, no-bake recipe.
To compliment this decadent dessert with the ultimate companion beverage, we at CoffeCrew suggest a steaming, hot cup of coffee + Kahlua liqueur. Enjoy!
—makes two pies
500 grams softened Cream Cheese
16 oz Nutella
1 cup ultra-smooth peanut butter
1 cup Dark Chocolate Milk*
1 – 1 litre tub Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 – 9 inch/23 cm chocolate Graham wafer crumb crusts or baked pastry pie crusts
Real Whipping Cream
Cleaned & chopped strawberries OR shaved dark chocolate curls or sprinkles
1. Soften cream cheese to room temperature
2. Divide all ingredients into two mixing bowls – one for each pie
3. Spoon Nutella into 2 measuring cups with measured recipe amounts for each mixing bowl. Soften Nutella by microwaving for 30 seconds, remove & stir. Microwave another 30 secs, remove & stir. DO NOT microwave Nutella longer than 60 secs. Pour into mixing bowls. Beat until smooth with electric hand mixer.
4. Add cream cheese into Nutella & blend thoroughly.
5. Add peanut butter to mix & blend until smooth. NOTE: Do not use ‘natural’ style peanut butter. This must be a commercial product such as JIF, Planter’s or Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter.
6. Add Dark Chocolate Milk. *Substitute whilte milk mixed with 1/4 cup/60 ml Nestle Quick Chocolate Drink Powder. Blend until smooth
7. Add Cool Whip whipped topping, fold into pie filling with a wooden spoon, then mix with blender until smooth.
8. Spoon into two 9 inch pie shells; Spoon remainder into a pudding bowl. Cover and freeze a minimum of 2 hours until firm. Remove from freezer & refrigerate until serving.
Garnish with whipped cream & chopped strawberries. Alternately, top with shaved dark chocolate curls or sprinkles.
Mike Cherry is a Salt Spring Island resident, now retired from an incredible career in broadcasting. An avid baker, he often pulls out divine ideas for dessert concepts out of thin air, cream, graham wafers and love.
This delicious, rich dessert is for lovers of Nutella & has a slight hint of peanut butter and chocolate. Although intended as a topping for toast, pancakes, waffles or bagels, Nutella makes the perfect ingredient to base a pie upon & I’ve spent the past 5 years perfecting this easy, no-bake recipe. To compliment this…